Straightforward Brooklyn Estate Planning Attorney
Gain peace of mind tomorrow by making decisions today
Whether you are a young family or individual just starting out, an elderly individual or couple concerned about what happens in the event you become unable to voice your own decisions, or anyone in between, you can gain peace of mind by working with an experienced estate planning attorney in Brooklyn who can help articulate your wishes.
At the Law Offices of Peter G. Gray, P.C., I am a Brooklyn trusts and estates attorney with 25 years of experience and significant knowledge of estate litigation and advance planning. Using my skills in estate matters, I help you make important decisions now that impact the future for you and your loved ones.
Planning for the future
I provide personalized estate plans that are individually tailored to meet your unique needs. Because I have significant experience in will contests and other estate litigation, I know the errors other Brooklyn estate planning lawyers commonly make and what to do to avoid them, minimizing the chances your estate plan will be disputed in the future.
Estate planning documents
Depending on your circumstances, including your types of assets and the needs of your family, your estate plan may include a variety of essential documents. As a skilled estate planning lawyer in Brooklyn, I assist clients in drafting a wide range of estate planning documents:
- Wills — Your will is a written document that declares your wishes and how you want your assets distributed upon your death. To learn more, please see my page on Wills.
- Living will — Living wills provide directions about your desires regarding medical treatment in the event you are no longer able to state your own wishes. To learn more, please see my page on Living Wills.
- Trust — With a trust, you transfer ownership of assets to another person or entity to protect your assets. To learn more, please see my page on Trusts.
- Powers of attorney — These documents allow you to name someone you trust to take care of your affairs if and when you no longer are able to do so yourself. Estate planning lawyers in Brooklyn can also help families draw up powers of attorney when a loved one becomes incapacitated.
- Health care proxies — I can help you appoint someone as your health care proxy, or agent, to make health care decisions on your behalf should you lose the ability to make them yourself.
- Guardianship — If you have young children it is important to designate a guardian to take physical custody and care for them on a day-to-day basis in the event that you are unable to do so.
- Deed transfers — Deed transfers transfer the legal ownership of property, including your home and investment properties, to named beneficiaries. To learn more, please see my page on Deed Transfers.
Estate planning help you can trust
By planning for your asset protection needs, beneficiaries and circumstances, I can help you make important decisions about the future of you and your loved ones. To learn more about estate plans and my services, call the Law Offices of Peter G. Gray, P.C. today at 929-367-4333 or contact me online for a free initial consultation.